Friday, March 19, 2010

Granola

It has probably been about 3 months since I decided I would no longer buy cereal unless it was in the natural/organic section after reading this blog post. Since then I've been making granola on a regular basis, and when I can coupon Kashi cereal or Mom's Best Naturals down to a reasonable price, I buy it (like the 14 boxes of Kashi I bought 2 weeks ago. We're like 2 little kids when it comes to having an over-abundance of the blueberry Kashi cereal, though...we really have to work to limit ourselves to a box a week so we don't devour all 14 boxes in a month!).

This past week, while perusing recipes and blogs, I stumbled across this granola recipe that looked REALLY good...so I made it on Wednesday, and it is the best we have ever tasted - the delicious clumps, just the right amount of crunch, and the peanut butter with a hint of cinnamon make it taste like the stuff you buy in bulk from a natural food store! It's amazing!
I did change a couple things - I used whole wheat flour instead of rice flour, only added nuts until it looked right for us, cut down on the coconut a bit since Micah doesn't like it, and added a bit less honey and half of the oil.

This is definitely going to become a staple in our cereal cupboard!

2 comments: